- Spoiler alert: It’s incredibly easy!
Welcome to the quick start guide on how to deploy your application for the Neo Frontier Launchpad event on the decentralized cloud of StackOS. Why deploy on StackOS? First of all, there are great prizes to be won! Secondly, it is anonymous, more secure, and can be done in just a few minutes without having to maintain the infrastructure.
Thirdly, you are NOT truly decentralized unless you are using StackOS to run your application!
- In order for your application to be deployed on StackOS you need to Docker containerize it and publish the application on your account on hub.docker.com. This will give you a Docker Image. The Neo team provided an example application in React which we containerized. You can duplicate the repository and start to build your application from there. These are the links for the Github repository and Docker Hub example:
2. Install a MetaMask wallet and select the Kovan Test Network.
3. If you want to interact with the example application Neo provided you will need a NeoLine wallet once the app has been deployed.
4. Request $STACK tokens which give you enough compute resources to deploy your application through the link in the e-mail you will receive from the Neo team. The STACK tokens will be sent on the 13th of June.
Let’s get to deploying!
Underneath is a written guide. If you prefer a video guide, click here. If you have any questions after going through the guide, please join our Discord Channel.
- Have the Docker Image of your application ready. For our example application, this is: stackos/neo-frontier-app:0.5
Go to https://app.stackos.io/, pick the right cluster for you, and connect with your Metamask wallet.
3. You will automatically go to the dashboard. In the top bar, select ‘Upgrade’. This is where you will buy compute resources with your STACK tokens.
For this example application, 100 CPU millicores and 100MB Memory will suffice. You will receive enough STACK tokens to at least buy 4000 CPU and 4000MB Memory.
Click on the ‘Upgrade’ button, a window from Metamask will pop up. Click on confirm, a few seconds later another confirmation is needed.
5. When that is done it is time to deploy your application! For this, click on ‘App Store’ in the top bar.
In the App Store you will be able to deploy applications in only a few clicks.
Click on the Neo Frontier Application, a window will pop up then click on ‘Advanced’.
In the Advanced section, you can change the image name to your own Docker Image which should be in your account on hub.docker.com. You can also change the Application Name and set the number of resources you need for your specific application. 100–200 for each should be enough. All the other details can remain as is. Click on the ‘Deploy’ tab and click on the ‘Deploy App’ button.
If you want to change the URL to your own domain name, you can follow this guide.
The application should be deployed in only a few seconds. Congratulations!
You can take a look at your application by copying and pasting the External DNS address. For the example application, you will need to install the NeoLine Wallet as a plug-in.
- Date of publication:
- Wed, 06/09/2021 - 17:19
Click on the link - it will be copied to clipboard